Friday, July 27, 2012

REESES CAKE!!!!!!!!

My sister in law LOVES Reeses (and so do I!) So I thought I'd try to concoct a Reese's cake for her Birthday yesterday. I used a Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate cake mix. The first cake I tried to make was with 2 round pans for a layered cake. Once I frosted it, 1/2 of it collapsed, I'm not sure if it was because its such a moist cake and not very sturdy or if the PB frosting was too dense. So for take #2 I took the safe route and just made a 9x13 pan cake. Here is the recipe for it! :)




1 Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate cake mix - bake cake as directed. (You don't HAVE to use THAT cake mix, you could use any chocolate, but I found this to be the yummiest :)) Let cake cool.

Peanut Butter Frosting:
3c powdered sugar
1/2c milk
1/2c smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
blend for 3 mins

If it's not thick enough for your taste, keep adding more powered sugar until it thickens up, or refrigerate for a few hours.

Toppings:
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
5-6 Reese peanut butter cups fun size
8 Mini Reeses (for middle flower, optional)

For the toppings I melted about 1 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave (in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, I found that adding a little peanut butter with the chocolate chips makes them melt smoother) and spooned into a sandwich size ziplock, cut a small slit in corner and drizzled it back and forth across the cake. I did the same thing then with the Reeses peanut butter chips.

Then I chopped up about 5 or 6 Reese's and crumbled them across the cake. I finished by placing one whole Reeses and 8 mini Reeses around it for a flower in the middle.

LOTS of compliments all around, everyone loved it! Except for my brother in law who didn't even try it because he doesn't like Peanut Butter! :P

2 comments:

  1. Yea what if the icing is sugary, you can feel the sugar. Should I blend more or what

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it need to be stored in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete